Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Artist Ant Interviews People Summer Series #14: Jiuwill Castillo 2019



Interviewer; Anthony Andujar Jr


Interviewee: Jiuwill Castillo


   Hello and welcome to the Artist Ant Interviews People Summer Series! My latest guest is one of my friends that I happen to know through another individual who I've interviewed in the 2016 series. The time has finally come for me to showcase an interview with a person who strives to improve his skills so that one day, he could tell the story that he wants to tell. Welcome Jiuwill Castillo!
Q0. Who are your inspirations?
JC: My inspirations in all due honesty are other artists. They've worked so hard to get to the level that they're in and I want to work as hard as I can to get at their level or even better.
 Q1. How did you get into art?
JC: As a child I was always drawing  as a recreational activity.
SSJ 2 Gohan art by Jiuwill Castillo

 Q2. When did you take art seriously?
JC: I would say 2013 was when I began to take art more seriously but I cannot say for sure if that's the accurate year.
 Q3. What drives you in your daily life? 
 JC:Becoming the best that I can be while being smart about it.
Q4. What made you the person that you are today?
JC:  While the answer to this could take a long time, I'll keep it short ^.^. As an artist, redrawing my past drawings over and over again gradually made me get better and be able to develop the drawings I can produce today. 
 Q5.  If you could speak to any living creator or inspiration, who would it be, why, and what would talk to them about?
JC: I believe there's this artist online that goes by the name Artgem, I would like to speak to him as he is a partial inspiration. I would ask him how long did it take for him to get where he is, were there any difficulties along the road or was this a talent from the start. Most artists just have natural talent while some have to gradually work their way up to get to where they are now.. I am in favor of the ladder. I'll also want to ask him how does he know where to properly proportion his characters to the point where he can fit so much into one page without it looking bad.
 Q6. If there were any deceased creators , actors, singers, writers, etc that you would want to speak to, who would it be, and why?
JC:  I think I would want to talk to Stan Lee, conversation can be about anything really if I was given the opportunity.. a cafe or at some benches near a park would be an ideal place to just have a conversation with a man like him. 
Q7. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
JC:  Japan, no question.
 Q8. What is one thing that you fear?
JC: Having to start back from square one is a terrifying thought man..
Q 9.  If you had a superpower what would it be and why?
JC: At first it used to be the ability to fly but now I want Naruto level shadow clones. 
Art by Jiuwill Castillo

 Q10. What catches your attention when you meet people?
JC: I'm always meeting people, I don't really like people, so I guess I'll say first impressions. 
 Q11. What is one word of advice that you would impart to your younger self?
JC: Don't let stress overcome you and don't stop your training no matter what.
Q12. What are three books that you always remember or return to, and why? How did they shape you?
JC: The Outsiders by S.E Hinton is the only book I return to every now and then. It didn't really shape me but it's a good read. To me it hits a lot of subjects relating to family and gangs on a decent note .
 Q13. If you could continue or remake a movie, or franchise, what would be your film of choice ?
JC:  I don't really have an answer to this .
 Q14.  If you were to make a film, novel, or comic book based on an album, what album or artist would you pick?
JC: Are we talking about rappers? If so I'll make it a comedy of mumble rap.
Q15. Who In this life, has motivated you to stay true to what makes you who are?
JC: Honestly for this question the answer will be nobody.
 Q16. Where do you hope to see yourself in five years?
JC: Hopefully as a voice actor, finishing or just finished doing recordings for my self made anime that I've been storyboarding for at this point 8 years 
 Q17. What are three albums or songs currently, that you listen to on repeat? And why?
JC: Traitor's requiem( JoJo's Bizarre Adventure opening) have you heard it? It sounds way to catchy to me though I don't really understand the lyrics.
 Q18. What color speaks to you the most and why?
JC: Purple would be the color, it's one of my favorite colors and to me it feels like a very strong or dominant color to wear.
 Q19.What's one thing that you're proud of?
JC: Not giving up on myself as an artist and as a person honestly.. I've been through a load of obstacles and yet somehow continued to keep on going and drawing.
 Q20. What is a mantra that you tell yourself? 
JC: I'm not sure what that is o.o

 You can check out his work on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/artisticmime/


Vegito art by Jiuwill Castillo

No comments:

Post a Comment