Thursday, July 25, 2019

Artist Ant Interviews People Summer Series #30: Carlovy Musicc 7/25/19


Interviewer: Anthony Andujar Jr

Interviewee: Carlovy Musicc


Carlovy Musicc

 Hello and welcome to the Artist Ant Interviews People Summer Series! Welcome to another edition to my latest talks with local and global creatives that are alive, hustling and thriving in their respective crafts! 

Q0. Who are your inspirations? 

CM:  Since I’m In so many fields I have many inspirations but they are, Micheal Jackson, Slick Rick, Busta Rhymes, Puff Daddy And The Family , Usher, Major Figgaz, MA$E, Shyne, Styles P. , The Lox, Dipset, Juelz Santana. Cam'ron, G-Dep, Fredo Starr, Lloyd Banks , Cassidy, NAS, Joe Budden, Max B., DMX, Jay-Z, 2Pac, Lil Wayne, Mos Def, Ice Cube, Queen Latifah, Nicki Minaj, Musiq Soulchild, Carl Thomas, and CASE.

Q1. How did you get into art, most notably writing?

CM:  I Was once an illustrator and always wanted to create images for Disney. But once I grew to know Disney was racist I stopped dreaming of that. I later picked up a hip-hop album titled " FIGGAZ 4 LIFE". That inspired me so much that I picked up a pen and paper and created my first hip-hop verse. I used to take DMX songs, use his flow and  re-word his words to mine but that was playful until I knew I can be my own music artist.


Q2. When did you take art seriously?

CM:  I've been creating my own  Hip Hop music since 1998 but I officially took art seriously In 2001 but wasn’t public until 2003. 


Q3. What drives you in your daily life?

CM:  My children.

Q4. What made you the person that you are today?

CM:  Pain and consistency.   


Q5.  If you could speak to any living creator or inspiration, who would it be, why, and what would talk to them about? 

CM:  Ice Cube, because many people compare my success to his and my image at times. I would love to pick his brain about how things started for him, how things really turned out and how does he feel about every outcome. I’d then exchange my stories of my journey.  


Q6. If there were any deceased creators , actors, singers, writers, etc that you would want to speak to, who would it be, and why? 

CM:   Malcom X,  Martin Luther King Jr. , 2Pac, Harriet Tubman and Rosa Parks. All because I’m like them In many ways, so I would love to hear there true stories and reasons for why they chose their paths In each way. 

Q7. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?

CM:  Africa or stay free In America. 

Q8. What is one thing that you fear?

CM:  GOD.


Q 9.  If you had a superpower what would it be and why?

CM: My superpower would be to heal the negative energies In any area of people. If you heal the mind, the soul will find a way to win. 


Q10. What catches your attention when you meet people?

CM: Swag style and mentality . You can be a physical 10 but If your mind Is on 0 then that’s a NO NO for longevity regardless.

Q11. What is one word of advice that you would impart to your younger self?

CM: TRUST. 


Q12. What are three books that you always remember or return to, and why? How did they shape you? 

CM:  1. Sistah Soulja was a great book because In Middle School It was an advanced read that gave me a different perspective. 
        2.  The Dictionary . I love the American English Language. 
        3.  I don’t have a 3rd book of choice, but I plan on turning my movies Into books. 


Q13. If you could continue or remake a movie, or franchise, what would be your film of choice ? 

CM:   I would do The Passion Of The Christ over with an all black cast and I would also do THE MATRIX TRILOGY over  with a black lead as Neo. 


Q14.  If you were to make a film, novel, or comic book based on an album, what album or artist would you pick? 

CM: I would pick my " D.IVERSE R.EALISTIC E.PIC " album that’s under "KARLOVY" because that was the album where I was In my feelings the most. I feel having a visual take on that album would enhance the messages . 


Q15. Who In this life, has motivated you to stay true to what makes you who are?

CM:  My father. He keeps It real no matter what and I've gained that same power.


Q16. Where do you hope to see yourself in five years?

CM: Mainstream with my music and movies and having a peaceful mental space with generational wealth.

Q17. What are three albums or songs currently, that you listen to on repeat? And why?

CM: Right now albums...  The Massacre by 50 Cent , MONEY, POWER, RESPECT by The Lox and NOMAD (MIXTAPE) by Carlovy Musicc .

because that’s what fits my current energy/ mood.

Q18. What color speaks to you the most and why?

CM:  Black Is my favorite color. It looks rich and sexy.  

Q19: What is your greatest weakness?

CM:  My thoughts. I've been through things some adults never experienced, which causes me to replay things In my mind. 

Q20. What is your greatest strength?

CM:  My brain/ mindset. I can’t go wrong with It when It’s focused.

Q21.What's one thing that you're proud of?

CM: Being a Father. 

Q22. What is a mantra that you tell yourself?

CM: My slogan #NOSLACKINGINVOLVED 

Q23. What is success to you?

CM:  Success Is everlasting happiness In many ways with no racism. 

Logo courtesy of Carlovy Musicc



You can follow his work on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/carlovymusicc/


You can also find his music here on these pages: https://mymixtapez.com/album/192939


Audiomack: https://audiomack.com/album/mixtapeseries/nomad

No comments:

Post a Comment