Thursday, August 1, 2019

Artist Ant Interviews People Summer Series #37: Jared John AKA Blkkking Jah 8/1/19


Interviewer: Anthony Andujar Jr

Interviewee:  Jared John

Photo courtesy of Blkkking Jah


Hello and welcome to the Artist Ant Interviews People Summer Series! Welcome to another edition to my latest talks with local and global creatives that are alive, hustling and thriving in their respective crafts! Today I have a special guest that I’ve known ever since I got onto the internet platform known as Instagram way back in 2013. Over the past few years I’ve witnessed the growth of many artists on Instagram, and this guy is one of them. Ladies and gents of cyberspace, please welcome my guest, Jared John AKA Blkkking Jah!

Q0. Who are your inspirations? 

JJ: I get a lot of my inspiration from the artist on social media, mostly through instagram. My inspiration often changes sometimes i get it from other artists, sometimes I get it from models and photographers. There are probably too many to mention lol but the three artists that got me back into creating was ActionHankBeard, PaperFrank, and Markus Prime.

Q1. How did you get into art?

JJ: I first got into art because I was a big fan of Dragon Ball Z. I loved the show so much that when it ended I would draw the characters to further entertain me. This was back when I was in elementary school. 

Dragon Ball Super art by Blkkking Jah

Q2. When did you take art seriously? 

JJ:  I didn’t take art seriously until about 2-3 years ago. I actually stopped drawing for many years and got back into about 4 years ago. After some positive feedback I realized I can do more with it.

Q 2.5. If you could continue or remake a movie, or franchise, what would be your film of choice ? 

JJ: Afro Samurai for sure! In my eyes it was short lived and had a ton of potential.

Q3. What drives you in your daily life? 

JJ: Just the idea of being able to manifest the life of your dreams is enough motivation for me!

Q4. What made you the person that you are today? 

JJ: Self reflection is probably the best explanation for why I am the way I am. I always look at where I am in life, where I want to be, and what’s stopping me from obtaining that goal.

Q5.  If you could speak to any living creator or inspiration, who would it be, why, and what would talk to them about? 

JJ: GaryVee for sure! I know someday I will! His content is great and a big motivation for me. I wouldn’t want to talk to him right now though because I know I understand a lot of the things he preach but I’m not doing everything I need to just yet. When I do talk to him it will be about taking everything that I am doing to the next level, how to be a pioneer for what I am doing, and financial stability.

Q6. If there were any deceased creators , actors, singers, writers, etc that you would want to speak to, who would it be, and why?

JJ: Ummm probably Leonardo di Vinci. Just to hear about his inspirations and how life back then as a painter was. He probably didn’t know how big the Mona Lisa would be (or maybe he did) but I would like to talk to him and tell him about that and hearing his thoughts. 

Life drawing study by Blkkking Jah

Q7. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? 

JJ: It's hard to just choose one, I want to go everywhere and learn from everyone but I do really want to go to Japan.

Q8. What is one thing that you fear?

JJ: Not living up to my potential!

Q9.  If you had a superpower what would it be and why?

JJ: Teleportation 100%! It would just be the most convenient power in everyday life. If you watched the movie Jumper you probably know exactly what i mean lol.

Q10. What catches your attention when you meet people?

JJ: Next to looks, I would say a person that has a refreshing, positive outlook on life.

Q11. What is one word of advice that you would impart to your younger self?

JJ: Drive! Meaning to keep pushing! everyone always wish they started earlier and l for sure am one of those people.

Q12. What are three books that you always remember or return to, and why? How did they shape you?
JJ: 
  1. How To Win Friends and Influence People
  2. The Four Agreements 
  3. The First 20 Hours

I chose those three because I really only like to read self help books, I’m not big reading books on fantasy/fiction. These books are books that I can read and take something from it that I can apply to my life. It helped shape me in many ways but mainly it help me learn more about myself and the power I have to change aspects of my life that I am not a fan of.

Q13.  If you were to make a film, novel, or comic book based on an album, what album or artist would you pick?

JJ: I would probably pick A$AP Rocky’s Live.Long.ASAP or 50 Cent Get Rich Or Die Trying. Both of those projects were big in my life and I feel like it would make for some dope visuals.

Q14. Who In this life, has motivated you to stay true to what makes you who are? 

JJ: I'm lucky enough to say I have a lot of people around me that motivates me and allow me to be true to me. some friends, some family, some are strangers lol. 

Q15. Where do you hope to see yourself in five years? 

JJ: Working for myself for sure. I’m going to leave it at that though because I don't want to put a glass ceiling on my potential.

Q16. What are three albums or songs currently, that you listen to on repeat? And why?
JJ: 
  1. “Victory Lap” by Nipsey Hustle
  2. “Rodeo” by Travis Scott 
  3. “Baby on Baby” by Dababy
I listen to music in waves those are just the three that have been connecting with me for the past few weeks/months

Q17. What color speaks to you the most and why?

JJ: Red. Red is the color of burning passion and that’s always a mood for me.


Q18. What's one thing that you're proud of?

JJ: My never give up attitude. I definitely got that from anime lol but is something that needs to be applied in this crazy world we live in. 

Q19. What is a mantra that you tell yourself?

JJ: I never stick to positive affirmations like I should but a good one that I would like to stay consistent with is “ you deserve it!”.


One Piece art by Blkkking Jah 

You can follow his work on these pages:

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/blkkking_jah/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH633CvOn94i12Zl4qk7L9Q?view_as=subscriber

No comments:

Post a Comment