Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Artist Ant Interviews People Summer Series #52: James Marcano 8/14/19


Interviewer: Anthony Andujar Jr

Interviewee:  James Marcano

Hello and welcome to the Artist Ant Interviews People Summer Series! Welcome to another edition to my latest talks with local and global creatives that are alive, hustling and thriving in their respective crafts! Today I have a special guest that I’ve known through family friends of mine. Prior to this individual, I interviewed a few other family members of his which can be found in the 2016 volume of the blog. This individual is an up and coming writer and actor, in addition to being a dope individual . Ladies and humanoids, androids and avatars alike, please welcome to the digital landscape of the matrix, James Marcano!

Q0. Who are your inspirations?

JM: My family is a huge inspiration for me. Every time I put a pen to a pad I know who I do if for. They inspire me to never settle for less than my full capabilities.

Q1. How did you get into art, most notably writing?

JM: As a kid I used to watch a lot of cartoons and I would reenact every scene. I would come up with stories in my head from a young age and implement them into a sheet of paper. For some reason, it was an escape for me. Not to mention those PBS programs with Bob Ross were extremely influential.

Q2. When did you take art seriously?

JM: I took it seriously in 2016, when I was taking acting classes at ‘The Barrow Group’ (Broadway Theatre Company). I realized that I had a knack for it.

Q3. What drives you in your daily life?

JM: I think what drives me is the journey and knowing that I haven’t reached my full potential yet. I seek out perfection for myself, even though it’s impossible to reach, is something that I’m constantly searching for.

Q4. What made you the person that you are today?

JM: My trials and tribulations is what shaped me into the person I am today. See, as a kid we’re naïve to a lot of things in life. As we get older we begin to experience hardships and sometimes those hardships can either build character or break you mentally. I’ve been broken down so many times and as I’ve gotten older I’ve learned to cope with tough times better and use it as a positive to appreciate my blessings that I have.

Q5.  If you could speak to any living creator or inspiration, who Would it be, why, and what would talk to them about?

JM:    As a writer, Christopher Nolan is one of the creators that I will love to have a conversation with and pick his mind on how he goes about telling a story.

Q6. If there were any deceased creators, actors, singers, writers, Etc. that you would want to speak to, whom would it be, and why?

JM:   I have two, The first one would be Michael Jackson truly because of his work ethic and how instrumental he was in bringing people together through his music. We would probably talk about the different sounds he experimented with. The second person would be Stanley Kubrick because his films have left an indelible impact in the world of cinema. He has certainly inspired me to get into screenwriting. I would ask him about the 20 minutes of footage that was cut from his last film Eyes Wide Shut.

Q7. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

JM: My goal is to travel to all seven continents. I can’t really pinpoint a specific place. If I have to choose in particular it would be Puerto Rico and Australia.

Q8. What is one thing that you fear?

JM: My fear is not living up to my full potential.

Q9.  If you had a superpower what would it be and why?

JM:I either would like to be invisible because I can get into places easier even places that I’m not suppose be at, or have that Wolverine recovery type power which would be awesome in a fight.

Q10. What catches your attention when you meet people?

I like to look at a person in their eyes while they’re talking to me. I believe a person’s eyes can tell you whether or not a person is genuine and it can also tell you what that person has been through.

Q11. What is one word of advice that you would impart to your younger self?

I would tell my younger self to be patient and trust the process young king.

Q12. What are three books that you always remember or return to, and why? How did they shape you?

First book would be ‘The Business Of The 21 st Century” by Robert T Kiyosaki primarily because it shows people from our generation to use network marketing as a tool to build your brand. 

 The second book would have to be “An Actor’s Companion’ by Seth Barrish because I still find myself going back to it to sharpen my acting skills. 

The third book would have to be ‘The Catcher In The Rye’ by J.D. Salinger because of its symbolic perspective on adulthood.

Q13. If you could continue or remake a movie, or franchise, what would Be your film of choice?

I would probably continue Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight franchise and see what he would’ve come up with next.

Q14.  If you were to make a film, novel, or comic book based on an Album, what album or artist would you pick?

I would love to make a film version of Notorious B.I.G. Life After Death just because the stories that Biggie tells within that album are graphic and I think to bring that to life on screen would be pretty cool.

Q15. Who in this life has motivated you to stay true to what makes you who are?

Simple, my core family.

Q16. Where do you hope to see yourself in five years?

Making films and running my own brand.

Q17. What are three albums or songs currently, that you listen to on repeat? And why?

Michael Jackson’s ‘Off The Wall’ album because of its melodic symphonies and timeless tunes.

Notorious B.I.G ‘Life After Death’ because of its graphic storytelling.

Kendrick Lamar ‘To Pimp A Butterfly’ because it brings me back to a time when I was going through a lot mentally and that album helped me cope with that stress during that time period.

Q18. What color speaks to you the most and why?

Red because I view it as a color of confidence.

Q19: What is your greatest weakness?

My stubbornness, I’m as stubborn as a mule and sometimes that backfires on me.

Q20. What is your greatest strength?

My patience and persistence because when I want something, I don’t stop until I get it, but I also have the patience to not let it discourage me when I don’t get it right away.

Q21.What is one thing that you’re proud of?

I’m proud of the fact that I have family and friends that love me.

Q22. What is a mantra that you tell yourself?

Take it one moment at a time.

Q23. What is success to you?

Success to me is doing what you love to do and doing it to the fullest, while

touching lives at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment