Monday, October 3, 2016

WELCOME to my side blog Artist interview Artists!!!! -Anthony Andujar 10/3/16

       Now, for those of you who've usually read my posts and other stuff, I usually do this thing where I would be working on projects and get carried away with them. But there was one project that I find myself always going back and forth to, where I happen to not write about myself, but about the experience of fellow illustrators, artists, creatives, people that I've come to know throughout the years and during my time in Laguardia Community College and beyond. Originally my Artist Interview Artists series began within my primary blog, Foods and All (antafood.blogspot.com) back in January. Since then I've changed my primary blog to Comics and All ( https://antacomicpage.blogspot.com/) and made an additional blog where viewers can read and see my art and comic work (which can be found here: http://aajcomicsnstuff.blogspot.com/ ).

   When I created this particular blog, I made it as a means to cope with such things that I went through at the very beginning of 2016. Since then I've gone on to interview friends and other fellow artists who I've had the pleasure of spending time picking their brains, having meals, exchanging emails and having good conversations. With that said, I figured that anyone who would have wanted to find the interviews, (or for the artists that I've interviewed that probably don't want to have to dig through various posts that are centered on those segments) can now find it here.

                                                                Purpose

     The purpose of the blog since I decided to revive it (2019), was due to trying to build a sense of community between all of the creatives that I know.  Since most media is distracted with the mainstream it seems a lot of social media focuses less on the local artists that are alive. I wanted to create a time capsule that showcases where creatives were at one moment in time, and see how they further develop overtime.  I just wanted to document the progress and journeys of everyone.
    That way, every few years, creatives could look back on those moments to see how far they've progressed since then. Especially for follow up interviews where creatives can show how much they've developed since then.  So I figured I'd document friends and creatives because no one else will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment