Monday, October 3, 2016

Artist Interview Artists Showcase 11: Radhaysa Guzman by Anthony Andujar Jr 2/12/16

Artist Interview Artists Showcase 11: Radhaysa Guzman by Anthony Andujar Jr 2/12/16


Interviewee: Radhaysa Guzman.
Interviewer: Anthony Andujar Jr
2/12/16  



Q1. Was art always apart of your family or something you stumbled upon?
RG: It's part of my family. One of my brothers used to do art, he liked to draw people. One of my older brothers was a photographer and a model. I won't say it was apart of my life by my mom and father but it was apart of my life.   



Q2. Who are your artistic influences?  
RG: In music, I could name a lot of people. I like a lot of the legendary people who have been in the game that I like. Like Nas , Biggie, Pac, the poetic people. In terms of film, Freedom Writers, I guess The Color Purple, Django , stuff that shows true history and stuff that makes a point.  



Q3. Was art always apart of your desired career path?  
RG: In terms of writing, it was pain. I realized I couldn't draw for shit. I realized that I was more descriptive and was more different about how I wanted to express myself. It was something I always wanted to do.   



Q4. If you were to make a film, novel, comic or show based on an album, what album would it be, and why?
RG: An album? hmm. It would be between Nas Illmatic and Bob Marley, It would be the album with the Wailers. I like Bob Marley's song "war" and "Zion " like getting to desired land and that's my inspiration to see the world not for profit or for gain, but to provide for your people. You could put anything from any of their albums because it's inspirational.  



Q5. What other ventures would you want to pursue transitioning from your art/writing?
RG: Personally I would want to make a radio station.I would have hot topics where people can engage. Shit is really crazy in the city. Go to queens, get on the E train and get off the last stop. There is someone on the corner try to offer you a bag of sour. I look around myself, and you don't want to be a girl in the city walking around in the city thinking shit won't happen to them. I mean there is some stuff that blows my mind.  



Q6: What themes would you discuss ?
RG: ha, I remember I was taking a class and I had this professor who basically in his own way tried to dismiss the fact that humans don't have individuality, or an actual mind of their own. That we only follow what we're told. And I was like, that's some bullshit. Because if you take a group of people, and you have them the option between navy blue and baby blue, the people would choose what best compliments them. They wouldn't choose because they are just told to, they would be presented the option, and then from then on, they would pick what is best for them. So I would definitely have some interesting conversations about shit like that.  



Q7. If you had a superpower, what power would you want and why?  
RG: I'd honestly choose to embody Catwoman with the ability to fly. Dope shit.


Q8. Which deceased creator/ writer/ artist/ director/ actor/tress would you want to speak to , why and what would you discuss with them?
RG. I'd want to meet the artist known as Celia Cruz, 2pac, and Bob Marley. What would you I discuss with them? I'd discuss with them their career start and awakening period. I'd also discuss world events.  



Q9. Which living creator would you want to collab with? why?  and what would you hope to discuss with them?
RG. I'd have to say I want to work with many creators and they aren't famous or anything but I see potential and talent in these people.  



Q10. What theme inspires you more to create? Happiness or tragedy?
RG. Tragedy inspires me to create more that happiness, because I believe pain, is the best brush, for the release of profound expression and creation.



Q11. 30 years from now what would you hope to have and reflect on?  
RG: I hope to have a creative space were I can produce and host creative projects.


Q12. If you were to write a book, what era of your life would you write about  thus far?
RG: I'd honestly write about bits and pieces of my life. I learned something new every years, I'd say.


Q13. What would you advise to the next generation or to your younger "past" self ?
RG: .I'd tell them to live wisely and understand that fun can really just be a book and a stressed mind. Id advise myself to stick with the plan.  


Q14. What are your hopes about the future in terms of yourself and the world?
RG: My hopes for myself are along the lines of early retirement but never a person off the market. For the world I hope it expands in love and diversity.

You can follow her work on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rmgp_rmg/
and her poetry at https://www.instagram.com/rmgp_writtens/

No comments:

Post a Comment