Monday, October 3, 2016

Artist interview Artists Showcase 10: L2A Music AKA Adam Flores by Anthony Andujar Jr 2/9/16

Artist interview Artists Showcase 10: L2A Music AKA Adam Flores by Anthony Andujar Jr 2/9/16
Interviewee: Adam Flores aka L2A music
Interviewer: Anthony Andujar Jr
2/9/16

  Q1. Was art always apart of your family or something you stumbled upon?
 L2A: It was a little bit of both. As far as being in my family. My father did music from the early stages of music until now. As far as being in a Puerto Rican household. I was always listening to music ranging from Michael Jackson, Ray Charles, James Brown, Stevie Wonder.  



Q2. Who are your creative influences? And who would you wish to collaborate with?  
L2A: In terms of producers that I would like to collab with: definitely Dr Dre. I love his west coast sounds. RZA, , DJ Premier.  In terms of living artists that I would love to collaborate with: Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Childish Gamblino , Logic, Kanye West, Jay Z, Nas, Wu tang, Pharrell, Timberlan, Joey Bada$$, Earl Sweatshirt .



Q3. If you had the chance to speak to a deceased creator who would you speak to and why?  



L2A: There are a lot of guys who are deceased that I would love to talk to in terms of hip hop such as Biggie, Big pun, Nate Fogg, 2 pac, Michael Jackson, James Brown. J dilla, easy   



Q4. If you had the opportunity to score an established film or franchise, what movies would you choose to score?   
L2A: Movies I would love to score: I'd do my own take on the matrix, money train, training day, spiderman.  



Q5. If you could make A movie, book, or show based off an album, which album would you choose and why?  
L2A: If I could make a book, movie or novel after an album it Would be Kendrick Lamars Good kid , Mad city. That album alone is like a movie.  



Q6. If you could do your own interpretation or continuation of a film or franchise, which film would you choose, what would you keep and what would you change?  
L2A: I would do a continuation of titanic.   



Q7. In terms of creating music tracks, what comes to mind?
 L2A: You see, when you have a movie, it's just a bunch of people talking and standing. But once you add that element of music, it creates a whole new canvas and makes everything much more engaging. When I make music, it tends to be a variety of sounds that stem from different genres. For example I mixed Elle Gouldings "lights" with Daft Punk's" around the world " which I put together as a mixed track. When I create music, it's not a definitive process, it's a matter of making whatever emotion that is felt on that day.  



Q8. When you create, do you ever think of specific colors that come to mind that symbolizes your works?  
L2A: I don't think too much about a specific color, but honk about a series of colors, which I thought about as a music video for the track I mixed. I would visualize different bout ought of New York and areas of the world and seeing the globe turning while tons of lights are blooming throughout the planet.  



Ant: in a sense, you music seems to always have a sense of travel. Like one is not stationary. The way you describe your music, it's like something along the lines of a moving train that makes stop to distinct areas which are described by the tracts based its distinct sound.  



L2A music: man , that's crazy. You basically found a way to verbalize the way my music is. It's always moving, it's why my logo "L2A" is inspired by the train letter logos. It's also about my fathers name (who is a well respected DJ in the DJ world, crafting and performing for many years earning him s reputation). L2A represents my father Louie passing down the torch to Adam (which is me) and keeping that legacy and appreciation of music moving forward regardless of time, place and location.  



Q10. What themes interest you to draw? Happiness or tragedy?  
L2A Music: There's really not one specific theme I can single out cuz life has its way of just throwing anything at you, you just have to find that balance. As for me, my craft and creativity, I feed off everything and use my creative out to express it to everyone.



Q11. 30 years from now what would you hope to have and reflect on?  
L2A Music: . Well 30 years from now I'll be in my 50's and I'll be running my empire, I would be reflecting on my accomplishment and my failures and thanking God for everything he's given me and everything He has planned for the years to come because I'm not gonna stop until He stops me .



Q12. If you were to write a book what era of your life would you could on thus far?
L2A Music: . Honestly, it would have to be about the era of my life I'm in now. So many have happened in the past few years (and I know that there is more to come) that this would be the book that writes itself, I mean it's writing itself everyday.



Q13. If you had a superpower, what power would you want and why?
L2A Music:  I would like to have the power like from that Scarlett Johansson movie Lucy and be able to control it. I would be unstoppable.



Q14. What would you advise to the next generation or to your younger "past" self ?  
L2A Music:. Never give up. Push forward. There is nothing too great that you can't handle. Don't be stagnant. Analyze the situation and find the way out. There is no such thing as a "give up" option because the people you look up to and aspire to be like didn't get to where they are now and are going to be by giving up and be confident in yourself.



Q15. What are your hopes about the future in terms of yourself and the world?
L2A Music: I just want to keep growing and keep learning so I can teach others and show that if we all love one another, work together, and put our strengths together, we can get rid of our weaknesses and make this world a better place.

You can follow his work and music on Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/l2amusic/

You can also find him on Twitter, Facebook, Soundcloud and Snapchat

No comments:

Post a Comment